Student Equity Plan
Only a little more than 10% of CCCs (12 out of 114) have written LGBT+ students into their 2015-2018 Student Equity Plan.
Who's Doing It?
- Bakersfield College
- Crafton Hills College (full plan)
- p 6: "The Professional Development Committee has sponsored training opportunities centered on diversity and equity. For example, in December 2013, the Professional Development Committee sponsored Safe Space training to a large group of faculty, staff, and managers to support CHC’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) population..."
- Diablo Valley College (full plan)
- p 9: "As a college, DVC is also committed to addressing the specific barriers to success faced by Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) students. At this time, research on this population has not been conducted, and recommendations for research are forthcoming."
- Foothill (De Anza?) College (District?)
- Grossmont College, (full plan)
- p 11: "Future adverse impact studies may also include Dream Act students, LGBT and other groups as we become more aware of the diversity of our student body and the challenges they face."
- p 13: "Upgrade to Open CCCApply to begin gathering data on Dream Act and LGBT students," "Integrated data about Dream Act and LGBT students in order to assess disproportionate impact"
- Los Angeles City College (full plan)
- p 39: "Culturally Responsiveness Training: For staff and faculty to guide students not only in the ethnically diverse backgrounds, but also in foster youth programs, veteran programs, homeless services, and disabled services, as well as students with mental health issues, defined as LGBT, and other populations of the Equity Plan."
- Los Angeles Southwest College (full plan)
- Los Rios College
- MiraCosta College
- Napa Valley College
- Pierce College
- Sierra College